Social Media

Big Bad Wolf Book Sale 2018 (Philippines)

Last February 16 to 25, Big Bad Wolf Books held a huge book sale at World Trade Center in Pasay City. This was the first time I’ve heard such fair which made me look more into this so called event. What I’ve learned is that this is a yearly book fair in Malaysia which started way back 2009. And for the first time, they managed to hold one in the Philippines! You may have been to a lot of book fairs but what made this special is we can go whenever we want since it was open 24 hours a day. Imagine browsing for books and buying affordable reads anytime you want to!



My family and I went to the event around 11 in the evening. To our surprise, there were still a lot of people. There were a lot of genres to choose from. This included my favorite self-help books, art and design books, and a lot more. I honestly wasn’t expecting big discounts but, wow, Big Bad Wolf Books made it so hard for me to pick particular books that I really want to buy. Most books were on sale for 50-80% off. This was such a big help especially with the art and design books I really like browsing.


Around 1 in the morning, we finally made our decisions with which books to buy and lined up and pay. The line was so long but there were a lot of cashier registers to attend to the great amount of customers so it took us more or less 10 to 15 minutes, which wasn’t bad.


From browsing for more than two hours, I managed to grab 6 books. But when a friend of mine went to the book fair, I asked her to buy me another book, hahaha!


Here’s a list of the books I bought and how much I bought them compared to their original price:


  • Sun Moon Earth: The History of Solar Eclipses from Omens of Doom to Einstein and Exoplanets by Tyler Nordgren - PHP 290 (Originally 26.99 USD or PHP 1,409.61)
  • Creativity: The Perfect Crime by Philippe Petit - PHP 230 (Originally 27.95 USD or PHP 14,59.74)
  • Ugly: The Aesthetics of Everything by Stephen Bayley - PHP 480 (Originally 25 GBP or PHP 1,835.58)
  • Cosmos: The Inforgraphic Book of Space by Stuart Lowe and Chris North - PHP 480 (Originally 34.99 USD or PHP 1,827.42)
  • Tropical Minimal by Danielle Miller - PHP 480 (Originally 40.00 USD or PHP 2,089.08)
  • The Architecture of Natural Light by Henry Plummer - PHP 680 (Originally 65.00 USD or PHP 3,394.76)
  • *Fifty Modern Buildings That Changed The World by Deyan Sudjic- PHP 290 (Originally 12.99 GBP or PHP 953.76)

For a total of PHP 2,930, I managed to buy 7 books that are originally worth PHP 12,013.541. I was able to save PHP 9,083.541, wow. Thank you so much, Big Bad Wolf Books for the experience! I know I, along with many others, are awaiting for your return. (And I hope I’ll be able to save money for the next book fairs too, hahaha!)

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD