Social Media

BLACKPINK in Your Area Manila

Wow, where do I even start?

This whole love for BLACKPINK was so unexpected. It started with how my friends suggested I tried listening to their songs. I first listened to their song DDU-DU DDU-DU, which was part of their recent release, a mini album called Square Up, at that time. And let me tell you, it was definitely catchy. I caught myself listening to it a couple more times. But I developed a deeper connection with them when I started watching their series on YouTube channel called BLACKPINK House. It was their quirks and different personalities that made me fall in love with them as individuals and as a group.




The first member that caught my eye was Jennie Kim. Some of my mutuals on Twitter talk about her way before I discovered BLACKPINK, that's why she's the member that was familiar to me. But after some time, I developed my bias, Lalisa Manoban. But I love Jisoo Kim and Chaeyoung Park (Rosé) all the same. They're all so talented! But Lisa just made so much impact on me because of how fierce she is when she raps and how confident she is when she dances. Plus, her personality made me more intrigued to get to know her.


So, yeah, that's how I turned into a BLINK. I never thought I'd develop a love this deep to a girl group or any artist for that matter. I'm not usually someone who goes above and beyond to learn more about an idol or someone I admire. These girls made a big difference and they're such inspirations. There's no doubt that they deserve all the love and success that they have right now.


Anyway, about the concert, I was lucky enough to score a Globe pre-sale code. This is why I got tickets to the concert. I only bought seats from the General Admission section but regardless of the section, it was one of the best nights of my life so far. Being able to sing to their songs with co-BLINKS was one of the best parts that night. Despite not knowing all the lyrics to the songs and the proper pronunciation of some words, we all sang our hearts out and expressed how much we love and appreciate our girls.


Fan projects were also executed and different fanbases gave away free banners. I also helped with designing some photocards and helped distribute banners for Team Lisa PH. It was such a fun time to spend with people who share the same love for BLACKPINK as I do.


There were so many things that made me scream my heart out. Here's a list because I know that I need to express it before I forget such moments, okay?
When the intro was so long and extra and the girls appeared right before our eyes. It looked and felt surreal? I mean, sure, I could barely see them but wow.  I couldn't contain my happiness!

BLACKPINK and BABYPINK! Their baby faces on plush toys!

ALL THEIR SOLO PERFORMANCES MADE ME SWERVE TO THEM? BIAS WHO?

Jisoo's voice was even better live! Plus she was so cute during the whole concert! All her random dancing and how she spoke our language made us all so happy!

Lisa—well, she's a star. Her solo was no doubt something that I've dreamed of watching live AND THANK HEAVENS I DID! This girl really is talented!

Rosé's voice is so angelic! Both her speaking voice and singing voice.  It was such a pleasure to watch. She truly is amazing.

Jennie's solo made me cry. Since the fan project for her solo was to use our flashlights as she performs, a lot of BLINKS participated. In the middle of her performance, she had to stop dancing for a bit and absorbed everything. She held onto her chest and it seemed like she was about to cry. And after her performance, instead of her usual choreography of walking away, she stayed and said "Thank you, guys! I love you!" WELL, WE LOVE YOU BACK!

When we sang Happy Birthday to Rosé during an intermission. Even if she wasn't able to hear it live, she learned about it and reposted a video on her Instagram story.

THE RAINBOW! From the audience perspective, I wasn't sure if we pulled this fan project off but we actually did!

Their encore! It was such a fun moment seeing them being free and having fun on stage. Especially during their performance of Stay. Jennie just sat on Lisa and then she lied down and sang, hahaha. 

Overall, it was such a fun time and definitely one for the books. I didn't want the night to end. And I'll be honest, 2 hours was not enough. I need more and I miss them so bad. During the intermissions, I felt sad and worried because it meant that we were getting closer to the end of the concert. I want to spend the remaining time in my life with these girls, even if it means supporting and cheering them on from afar.


Sorry if this post was so long. Just let my inner fangirl express all these feelings. I just really have so much love for these four girls. I'm happy that they had so much fun during their concert here in Manila. Filipino BLINKS really made an impact to the girls. I wish they'll come back soon. Well, Jennie promised so I'll hold on to that, hahaha! Congratulations for a successful concert! Here's to more success and love along your way! I love you, JenChuLiChaeng!

Post a Comment

Instagram

Theme by BD